Sitges - Lovely gay summer destination
Whether you travel alone, go as a part of a group, or take a romantic vacation with your partner, Sitges will never be boring. Yes, it may be a tiny town with small gay beaches, but that is the beauty of this destination. Its cosiness will make it easier for you to make friends, socialize with the locals or other tourists.
Sitges is filled with long promenades surrounded by its inspiring architecture, perfect for scenic walks. These busy streets are always filled with locals selling merchandise, handmade souvenirs, and refreshments from early afternoon until late in the evening.
There are tons of beaches that cater to Gay or bisexual guys eager for a day in the sun, relaxation, and sandy or wild stony beaches:
1. Beach Bassa Rodona - Most of the time, this gay beach is crowded. It is located in the center of Sitges, next to the promenade. At this particular beach, you must wear a bathing suit. Beach Bassa Rodona gives you the option to rent an umbrella/sunchair (8-12 Euros). While you dig your toes in the gorgeous sand, there will be a bar right by your side and tons of restaurants in close proximity in case you ever get hungry or thirsty.
2. Beach Balims – In this incredible beach, you have the option to wear your bathing suit or go completely nude. A short walking distance from the center of town, about 10-15 minutes, your jaw will drop from the clear blue views of the ocean and landscapes. From early morning until the sun begins to set, Beach Balims is, usually, decorated with gay men from all ages and types. Its unique setting places the beach between large rocks, which makes it the perfect place for nudity.
From past experience, July is the perfect month to enjoy the relaxing temperature of the water, smooth sand, and the hot sun for a tan. The bar is a short 2-minute walk that serves food, drinks, and hosts many clients of the LGBT community. Their menu is, definitely, something I would try again and again, their cocktails are also incredibly refreshing! Beach Balims is located behind the Church Sant Bartomeu, approximately a 7-minute walk. It is the town’s biggest church and worth taking a walk to see.
You may need to hike a short distance or you could take the longer, straighter way by just following the road. Beach Balims gives you a gorgeous view of the Mediterranean if you just feel like relaxing, going to a nude beach, and walking very short distances.
3. Playa del Muerto - a wild and pebbled gay beach hidden between the rocks, this location has an extraordinary landscape. The mix of light and dark blue, the Mediterranean Sea, green hills on either side, and the forest above the beach is just a breath-taking view. The water temperature is also great for swimming; keep in mind that once you get into the water, it can get very deep and rocky after just one step. You will be surrounded by young middle-aged guys enjoying the sun in the nude. So, if you aren’t the shy type, you can join them too!
Many tourists like to explore the area between the rocks, so put on some shoes to protect yourself from the stones if you want to get adventurous. At Playa del Muerto, there is only one bar that serves drinks and sandwiches. Even though the price might be a little high, around 3 Euros for a 0.33ml beer, it is definitely worth the visit.
This gay haven can be both a safe, unique place and a wild experience for the adventurous. Keep in mind that you may to walk and climb for 40 minutes to 1 hour to reach this. It is in the middle of nowhere and cannot be reached by car or bicycle. For this, I definitely recommend shoes, sports, sandals, or sneakers, and your slippers in your bag.
Whether you had a lazy day or a busy day at one of the beaches, Sitges is known for its eccentric nightlife. There are tons of gay bars, gay clubs, or even an exciting gay sauna. Sitges truly is a well-known destination for gay people all over the world.
Take care and have a wonderful gay holiday!
Sitges is filled with many gay or gay-friendly hotels. If you are travelling on a budget, the wide variety of hostels are the way to go.
· Surrounded by gay nightlife, Parrots Hotel boasts how everyone is welcome.
This gay hotel is perfect for those looking for accommodation in close proximity to the town’s center.
If you’re the beach type of gay person, this hotel is for you since it’s only 30 meters away from the blue ocean.
If you need more help, please contact me!
Most of the gay bars in Sitges are pretty close to each other but don’t be overwhelmed by the options because there are a lot to choose from!
1. Parrots Pub
From cocktails to food to an incredible Drag show, this pub is right by the Parrot Hotel!
2. Soho Bar
The number of cocktails they have is incredible. From vibrant music to dancing all night, Soho Bar is the new gay boy on the block!
Here you could have 3 bars all in one! It comes with a dance floor filled with young men and party animals.
4. La Villa
This one is for the sophisticated gays who are looking to hang out with their community over chill drinks and chatting.
Sitges is the center of the gay nightlife, so keep your eyes open for any other gay bar you stumble upon because, believe me, there are a ton!
You can hop on a train directly from Barcelona which will take you about 45 minutes. These trains come every 20 minutes, so you can relax if you’re ever running late.
The MonBus is operational every day of the week but on different schedules. From Monday to Friday, it runs every hour, on Saturdays it is available once every 2 hours, but on Sundays it only runs around 4 times a day. This is another option to get to the center of Sitges from the airport in Barcelona.
There are taxi options from El Prat Airport but keep in mind that the price would be far higher, approximately 70 euros, than the train or the bus.
From Barcelona, you can head there by train. It'll cost you around 5 euros for a one way trip.
Below are some of the best airlines which connect Europe to the World:
British Airways - U.K National Airline
2. Lufthansa - National German Airline
3. Air France - National French Airline
4. KLM - National Dutch Airline
5. SWISS - National Swiss Airline
Some of the most useful sites to book flights are:
If you need more help, please contact me!
Have a safe journey!