Gran Canaria - One of the best gay holiday destination in Europe
17 January 2021, 04:23:43
This year-round island is always bathing in the rays of the sun, complemented by the sparkling blue of the sea, and riddled with nudist beaches where gay men can forget about those pesky tan lines.
If you’re looking for a gay, fun time under the sun, consider visiting Maspalomas, which may as well be the number 1 spot for gay travellers. I’m going to have to repeat the phrase sun, sun, and even more sun! The weather in Maspalomas rarely falls below 20 degrees Celsius, with a light winter during January and February, which means it is a sunny, gay trip just waiting to happen! For the gay men out there, who are looking to travel on a budget, Gran Canaria is surrounded by affordable food, drinks, accommodation options, transportation, and an overall lifestyle.
1. Playa Del Ingles – a popular gay resort that is strictly for the LGBT community! Yes, you won’t find any straight people, so you can feel comfortable in your own skin. Playa del Ingles is the definition of freedom. No matter who you are or what you identify as, you can be yourself and hold your partner’s hand without any judging looks.
2. Kiosk 7 – this trendy location will make you proud to be gay. It boasts a popular nude beach with a rainbow flag that has set it apart from the rest. Bask under the rays of the sun or swim in the crystal-clear waters. If you were spending your time in Play Del Ingles, Kiosk 7 is separated by dunes that make for a walk surrounded by a breath-taking landscape. Be prepared for the journey since it would take you around 30 to 45 minutes. For those who are looking to swim naked even faster, just grab a taxi and get there in 10 minutes.
3. Yumbo Center – this is where the gay nightlife begins. Around this area, you have many options of restaurants, terraces, bars, and clubs. The crowd will keep you engaged, excited, and eager for the music, drinks, and food. Be prepared to stay up all night if you want to be a part of the party crowd!
You can do this day after day because there are always new things for you to see and do and, trust me, boredom does not exist in a gay trip to Gran Canaria.
Men only! I repeat, men only! The dream for gay men around the world is to find a hotel that only caters to them. Well, Gran Canaria has it for you! This secluded and safe haven has given gay men a place where they could feel comfortable with themselves and their partners. One thing that makes it great for the community is that it is clothing-optional. Walk around the gay hotel however you want and be free!
Oh look, another gay hotel. Seven Hotel and Wellness stands out as the only 4-star hotel for gay men in Gran Canaria. You will be surrounded by the colours of Mother Nature and only a 20-minute walk away from the center of Maspalomas which gives you the opportunity for a relaxing, secluded stay.
3. Axel Hotel
Another gay paradise in Maspalomas which is so close to all the options of Gran Canaria’s gay nightlife and only a 10-minute walk to Yumbo.
8. Villa Adler
11. Artemisa Gay Bungalows
They don't have a website but you can check them out on websites such as booking.com
13. Los Almendros - Gay and Lesbians Hotel
Keep an eye out for more gay hotels because Gran Canaria is known as a gay vacation destination, which means you will have your pick of many gay hotels catering only to gay-men with clothing-optional options or even very gay-friendly hotels.
An important gay accommodation platform to check out:
Also, you can also book any other accommodation through these websites:
If you need more help, please contact me!
1. Parrots Pub
· Similar to the establishment in Sitges, Parrots Pub is a MUST-VISIT! An eccentric gay bar filled with like-minded individuals dancing the night away.
The gays love this place! Their music is filled with gay, iconic classics and incredibly-styled cocktails that is right in the center of Yumbo.
When you hear of Yumbo, you will hear of the Mantrix. The popular gay club hosts festivals, carnivals, pride events, discos, and the list goes on!
Now, if my fingers never got tired, I would have written every single gay bar and gay club in Gran Canaria but the options are endless! One simple walk through Yumbo and you will be overwhelmed by where you can go.
Grab your gay friends or partner, head to this incredible gay destination and dance the night away.
From the Las Palmas Airport in Gran Canaria, you would need 30 mins on the Line 66 bus to get to Maspalomas.
In Maspalomas you will be close to Playa del Ingles, Yumbo Center, and Kiosk 7. The line 66 bus runs every 30 minutes. You do have the option to go by taxi which takes less time, but expect to pay much more!
Gran Canaria Airport has both domestic and international flights.
Below are some of the best airlines which connect Europe to the world:
British Airways - U.K National Airline
2. Lufthansa - National German Airline
3. Air France - National French Airline
4. KLM - National Dutch Airline
5. SWISS - National Swiss Airline
Some of the most useful sites to book flights are:
If you need further more help, please contact me!
Have a safe journey!